Work for a trailblazing NBFC company that is founded by veteran Investment Bankers who have managed multi-billion dollar portfolios in companies like Morgan Stanley, Lehman Brothers, ABN Amro, Prudential etc!!
Our client is a 5 yr old RBI registered Non Deposit Taking Non-Banking Financial Company i.e. NBFC-ND. It has become a significant player in the wholesale financing space with its lending portfolio of senior secured debt across sectors. It focuses on wholesale financing and lends senior secured loans across sectors on themes built around Core Economy and Growth oriented sectors as well as Mass Consumption and Recession proof sectors. The founder team comprises of investment banking veterans who have worked with tier 1 brands like Morgan Stanley, Lehman Brothers, Prudential, UBS, ABN Amro etc. The leadership team has experience of managing multi-billion dollar portfolios globally. It is now embarking on a diversification into the retail domain and launching an SME funding as well as unsecured lending division.
As a Legal Officer
, you will be responsible to oversee the legal aspects of the business and monitor and guarantee that the company strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues. Key Responsibilities:
- Assisting in preparation and drafting, vetting of agreements like service provider, alliance agreement, referral agreement, non disclosure agreement etc
- Drafting reply to legal notices
- Advisory services on branch set up
- Liaising and Coordinating with advocates for timely updates in the litigation process and attending court
- Collaborating with management to devise efficient defense strategies
- Lawyer Empanelment scrutinizing profile of advocates/firms, issuance of letter to lawyers/ firms
- Researching and evaluating different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Ensuring timely replies, briefings/ affidavits etc.
- Responding to office actions, and preparing opposition, notices and counter statements
- Maintaining MIS of cases dealt along with dates and stages, legal notices, invoice tracker and lawyer panel
- Liaising with various internal departments
- Maintaining current knowledge of alterations in legislation
Salary: INR 3,00,000 - 4,00,000 P.A.
Industry: Banking / Financial Services / Broking
Functional Area: Legal, Regulatory, Intellectual Property
Role Category: Other
Role: Law Officer
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time