Are you interested in building a fulfilling career in the Insurance Sector? Come and be a part of our mission!!!
Our client offers comprehensive health insurance plans for individuals and their families as well as for corporate houses. The company also offers individual personal accident plans and travel insurance for individuals, families and senior citizens.
The company's uncomplicated insurance plans consist of a broad spectrum of products covering healthcare, travel insurance and personal accident plans, tailored to the needs of individuals and families. The company also caters to large and small corporate groups with customized Group Health Insurance Plans. Our client has received numerous positive reviews and ratings for its health insurance plans and policies, which have been ranked as the best plans in the health insurance industry by several of India's popular publications such as The Economic Times and The Hindustan Times. The company offers its products through a network well trained sales partners and directly through its call center, website and in-house sales force. Our client has been recognized as one of the top 100 Great Places to work for the 6th time in a row.
As the Medical Underwriting Lead , you will be managing an entire team of medical underwriting (approx. 15 health insurance underwriters) and will be involved in strategy building, and responsible for implementation for the said vertical.
1. People Management:
- Management of Underwriting team
- Value and environment creation
- Work appraisals and growth of team
- Training, Coaching and Mentoring
- Maintaining and evaluation of work
- Conflict resolution
- Attrition management
3. Cost Management:
- Formulation of product specific risk evaluation and mitigation guidelines
- Evaluation of prevailing underwriting practices and market comparison, and analysis of data to help revise UW guidelines
- Approval and processing high value prospects
- Alignment with cross functional key opinion holders
- Owning interdepartmental queries and issues management/resolution
- Managing Intra department audits/ error rates
- Owning departmental audit and responsible for resolution and of process adherence
4. Project Management:
- Minimizing operational cost
- Automation of process
- Project planning and execution
- Stakeholder identification, alignment and timely updates
5. Managing health advisor as well as other partners involved in sourcing
6. Responsibility and authority holder for approvals and non-financial deviations
7. Branch visit and advisor interaction as well as interface for underwriting representation
8. Mapping and maintaining SLA(Service Level Agreement) and TATs (Turn Around Times)
9. Owning underwriting system and rules integrated with sourcing interfaces
10. Owning the UAT (User Acceptance Testing)
11. Being the Key opinion holder for cross functional alignment and projects
12.Contributing to the development of an automated process for underwriting
13. Conducting performance audits to assure correct interpretation and application of policy
14. Assessing risks and making sound underwriting decisions based on established criteria and/or medical judgments
Salary: INR 15,00,000 - 18,00,000 P.A.
Functional Area: Financial Services, Banking, Investments, Insurance
Role Category: General Insurance
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time