Are you passionate about product and user experience, and have the ability to work independently and plan your own soluons to problems, then this role is for you.
Our client is a one stop shop for all the backend requirements for Hotels and Restaurants. They provide a single website that covers packaging material, housekeeping and other services that the Food Industry is constantly in need of. It also helps them manage their backend processes and payments.
They have raised two-thirds of a planned US$500,000 pre-series A round from leading corporate investors. The founders are 4 IIT Kanpur alumni who have created a platform that is a thriving business in the Food Industry, without much competition. The young team have immense tech and business brains brought together to solve many procurement and supply worries.
As a Vendor Manager (E commerce)
, you will be responsible for evaluating vendors, negotiating contracts and preparing reports (e.g. on orders and costs). You will be creating and maintaining good relationships with key suppliers to ensure merchandise is high quality and delivered on time. What you will do:
- Researching potential vendors
- Comparing and evaluating offers from suppliers
- Negotiating terms of agreement and pricing
- Tracking orders and ensure timely delivery
- Reviewing quality of purchased products
- Maintaining updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
- Preparing reports on purchases, including cost analyses
- Purchasing planning, monitor stock levels and place orders as needed, ahead of time
- Coordinating with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage
- Ensuring product stock is adequate for all distribution channels and can cover direct demand from customers
- Recording daily deliveries and shipments to reconcile inventory
- Using software to monitor demand and document characteristics of inventory
- Reporting to management on stock levels, issues etc.
- Buying the latest products to keep the company upgraded
Required Candidate profileWhat you need to have:
- 1 to 3 years of experience in managing vendors for ecommerce industry, F&P (Food & Packaging), Paper Manufacturing .
- Good Relationship management and negotiations skills.
- Should have good knowledge of the market
- Good vendor management skills, along with solid analytical skills
Salary: INR 3,50,000 - 4,25,000 PA.
Industry: Internet / Ecommerce
Functional Area: Supply Chain, Logistics, Purchase, Materials
Role Category: Purchase/Material Management
Role: Purchase/Vendor Development Manager
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time